Like many International Schools, we cover both primary and secondary ages, so we're able to work with you to put together an exciting and engaging programme lasting a number of days - which provides great value for money, of course. Our two week-long visits to the Learning Action Resource Network in Malaysia have seen us leading maths, science and literacy workshops designed to support the global igcse curriculum.
We have programmes specially developed to accommodate large numbers of children - so our two days with the Prague British School saw us working with everyone from Reception to Year 6 with a combination of The Pirate's Challenge and CSI: Tunes!
"Many thanks for your great workshops - everyone really enjoyed them!” (Prague British School, Czech Republic)
And we're able to tailor themes, style and tone to suit the different needs of different schools (with Denmark's International School of Billund, for example, we ensured that we chimed with the amazing Pedagogy of Play being jointly developed by the school, Lego and Harvard University's Project Zero.
“Lots of teachers have been trying out the activities you showed us - and the kids love them!” (Billund International School, Denmark)
We know, too, that many International Schools are characterised by their own creative approaches to CPD - so we're more than happy to complement workshops with pupils by providing session s for teaching staff, too (which was one of our approaches at the British Embassy School Ankara) or, as we did in Billund, to plan and deliver structured CPD programmes lasting a day or longer.
And, of course, we can take the sting out of planning, by putting suggested timetables for you, by giving you inclusive costings and by advising, as far as we're able, on taxes and tariffs. We'll bring all the required resources with us (and send practitioners without strong regional accents) - so all you'll normally need to provide will be children, pencils and a little bit of IT!
“Many thanks for the wonderful workshops. We in Petaling Jaya are absolute fans of As Creatives!” (Pathways International, Malaysia)
Maths workshops on offer include:
- The Pirate's Challenge - Having piratical fun with numbers and shapes for up to 60 students at a time!
- CSI: Maths - A series of challenging mysteries to engage your students and get them thinking logically, includes CSI: Michaela maths, CSI: Bake Off and CSI: Maths
- The Race into Space - Space themed Creative Maths for up to 420 pupils in a single day The Race into Space
- The Bunker - A fast-paced workshop contextualising sequencing and making connections between maths and other subjects
Literacy workshops on offer include:
- A Visit from Bookman - Drama-Based activities promoting a love of reading - with a homemade superhero! Up to 420 pupils in a single day.
- CSI: Reading Skills - Using and interrogating a whole range of reading skills - to unmask a double agent.
- Spotlight on Shakespeare - Taking an actor's eye view of any text of choice to provide active explorations of Shakespeare with any age group.
- Soundscape Poetry - An intriguing and engaging route to creating and performing imaginative poetry.
If you would like to find out more please contact Jackson Kavanagh, Director of Programmes at email@example.com or call us on +44 151 708 8886.
This has been As Creatives' fifth visit to an International School, following two trips to Malaysia and one each to Denmark and the Czech Republic. So while all these schools have followed a broadly British curriculum, we've now gained a good knowledge and understanding of both the similarities and differences between approaches to maths in these schools and those back at home.